Intro to Modern Calligraphy Workshop - Melbourne - Saturday 16th December - 2pm to 5pm
Sign up for multiple workshops on the same weekend and SAVE!
- 1 Workshop = $150
- 2 Workshops = $250 (save $50) enter code TWOPLS at checkout
- 3 Workshops = $350 (save $100) enter code THREEPLS at checkout
- 4 Workshops = $450 (save $150! That's one whole workshop!) enter code FOURPLS at checkout
WORKSHOP INCLUDES OPTIONAL HANG OUT SESH WITH SPECIAL GUEST FROM 12.30PM TO 2PM
Date: Saturday 16th December 2017
Time: 2.00pm - 5.00pm (3 hours) - arrival from 12.30pm for special guest
Location: The Cowork Collective, 421 Lygon St, Brunswick East VIC 3057
Haven't you heard? Digital is sooooo last year -- and handmade is BACK, baby! Join Emma from Black Chalk Collective and get those creative juices flowing during a fun introduction to the beautiful art of modern calligraphy (pointed pen!)
During the workshop, we will explore and discuss:
- handwriting vs hand lettering
- what modern calligraphy is
- beginner tools and how to use them
- the staple strokes of modern calligraphy
- how to form letters and words using these strokes
- how to develop your own unique style
- basic design principles to make your work 'pop'
- what you can create with your newfound skills
What is provided:
- a kit with all of the supplies you'll need including pen holder, nibs, ink and paper, to keep
- Black Chalk Co worksheets to practise with and keep
- light refreshments
- illegal amounts of fun
- appearance by a special guest!
What to bring:
- your wonderful creative self!
- a word / phrase / quote you'd love to learn how to write. Your own name is more than fine!
No prior experience with pointed pens or hand lettering is necessary - and having good handwriting is NOT a prerequisite.
Class size is limited to ensure plenty of time for your questions and to receive individual feedback on your progress/work.
Please provide your preferred email address when registering, to ensure you receive the pre-workshop questionnaire.
If you have any questions about the workshop please email Emma at email@example.com
Hope to see you there!
Photos from previous workshops. Venue set up and supplies may vary.