Intermediate Brush Pen Lettering Workshop - Melbourne - Sunday 17th December - 9.30am - 12.30pm
Sign up for multiple workshops on the same weekend and SAVE!
- 1 Workshop = $150
- 2 Workshops = $250 (save $50) enter code TWOPLS at checkout
- 3 Workshops = $350 (save $100) enter code THREEPLS at checkout
- 4 Workshops = $450 (save $150! That's one whole workshop!) enter code FOURPLS at checkout
WORKSHOP INCLUDES OPTIONAL HANG OUT SESH WITH SPECIAL GUEST FROM 12.30PM TO 2PM
Date: Sunday 17th December 2017
Time: 9.30am - 12.30pm (3 hours)
Location: The Cowork Collective, 421 Lygon St, Brunswick East VIC 3057
So you've been to a brush lettering intro class before, or maybe you're self-taught and have the basics down pat - but now it's time to take those skills to the next level? Need a helping hand to put together a balanced layout, or just want to discover new ways to make your work ‘pop’?
Maybe after months of learning you’re creating pieces that look exactly the same each time and want to up your game? Or perhaps you just want to make yourself stand out from the Insta-crowd?
Black Chalk Co’s INTERMEDIATE brush pen lettering workshop has yo' back!
During the workshop, we will explore and discuss:
- bringing out your own style and personality after nailing the basics
- the elusive majuscule alphabet that no one wants to focus on
- tools to take your work to the next level (non-brush pen tools)
- how to letter on non-paper / flat surfaces (CHRISTMAS BAUBLES!)
- techniques to make your work pop (flourishing, ombré, shadowing, highlighting, blending, stippling)
- lettering hacks to help create a final piece quicker
- adding simple illustrations and embellishments to enhance a design
- combining different letter styles into one cohesive piece
- how to create a balanced layout for quotes
- how to find inspiration from everyday life
- what you can create with your newfound skills
What is provided:
- a selection of small and large brush pens (please be encouraged to bring your own stash of favourites along too!)
- 1 x A4 Rhodia notepad
- majuscule alphabet reference sheet
- intermediate lettering worksheets
- light refreshments
- illegal amounts of fun
- appearance by a special guest!
What to bring:
- your wonderful creative self!
- your stash of favourite brush pens, and perhaps some you’re having trouble mastering
- a phrase / quote you'd love to learn how to put together, or one you’ve tried to that isn’t quite working. Feel free to bring a piece of your work with you!
- a willingness to discuss lettering issues and leave your brush pen comfort zone!
Prior experience with brush pens / hand lettering IS necessary – you don’t have to have attended a Black Chalk Co workshop, but please ensure you’re comfortable with piecing together basic miniscule letterforms, as we won’t be covering the basic strokes or miniscule alphabet! We're running an Intro workshop the day before, get amongst it if you need to!
Class size is limited to ensure plenty of time for your questions and to receive individual feedback on your progress/work.
Please provide your preferred email address when registering, to ensure you receive the pre-workshop questionnaire.
If you have any questions about the workshop please email Emma at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope to see you there!
Photos from previous workshops. Venue set up, catering and supplies will vary.